An elegant and fully staffed luxury villa surrounded by lush, expansive gardens and fields of citrus trees. Shaded by palms, the villa's pool area is wonderful oasis for relaxation. There are plenty of sun beds, lounges and tables for relaxing and eating outside, or staff can prepare an aperitif by the pool to enjoy the glorious sunsets.
There is a sauna and tennis court, both for private use of the villa's guests.
The spacious villa offers eight individually decorated bedrooms over two levels, all with en suite bathrooms.
Lower level – On the garden level there are the following
- 1 x double bedroom
- 1 x twin (one with ensuite shower/one with ensuite bathtub), private entrance off courtyard.
- 2 x twin bedrooms (one with ensuite shower/one with ensuite bathtub), private entrance off courtyard. This bedroom can be made into a double bedroom on request.
Upper Level – This is the main level. It has the following
- 2 x twin bedrooms with an interconnecting door and both can be made into double bedrooms upon request (one with ensuite shower/one with ensuite bathtub)
- 1 x double bedroom with shower
- 1 x suite with separate living room (with queen sized bed) and a large private terrace. There are two bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bathtub).
- 2 cot beds, 2 additional beds and 2 high chairs can be made available on.
On this level there is also a smaller additional kitchenette with a fridge, a gas oven, washing machine and a table for up to 5 people. Also here there is a large sitting room with a satellite TV, DVD, VHS and stereo. A comprehensive library with information about local attractions and Sicily can be found here.
On the lower level, opening out onto the gardens is a double living area with large windows and has many lounges, chairs, and coffee books for large gatherings with family and friends. There is a large dining area where meals can be served for the entire group or there is the option to dine outside in the fresh Sicilian air. The entire villa has been decorated with an incredible attention to detail and the owner's have chosen a mix of antiques and eclectic pieces, each room being different and fitted with all comforts. All of the rooms have both air conditioning and ceiling fans and the entire property is heated. There is also the converted ‘orangerie’, which is completely air-conditioned and looks out over the garden.
A chef and staff are on hand to prepare traditional Sicilian and Mediterranean cuisine made with natural, local products mostly from the villa’s own organic garden. There are also local shepherds that provide fresh ricotta and other cheeses. Everything is homemade including honey from the hives of San Giorgio, jams from the fruit trees and all breads and pastries come from the local bakery. The wine list is from the most acclaimed Italian and Sicilian vineyards and wineries. The village of Scordia is 3 kms away and Taormina with local shops and its beaches, restaurants and the sea are an easy drive away. The beach of Catania is 35 kms away and Catania airport is an easy 45 kms drive.